Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thursday, September 13th (The beginning of delivery)

Eric and I went in for my last appointment today.  The baby passed the BPP and the non-stress test without any problem.  The NST was a little less reactive than they would like though, so they watched a little longer just to make sure.  They didn't seem too concerned about it.  My blood pressure was a little concerning, I normally run in the 90s/50s, but today my blood pressure was 130s/80s.  I also wasn't feeling very well, but we weren't sure if it was me getting sick, going into labor, or just in general, uncomfortable at almost 39 weeks pregnant.  They doctor gave us instructions for going in for our induction on Sunday night, but said she wouldn't be surprised if she saw me prior to that going in on my own.  They sent me to the lab to get blood drawn to check for other signs of pre-eclampsia since my blood pressure had risen so dramatically in just a few days.  They did leave me with instructions to call the next day if I still wasn't feeling well or if any other symptoms came up.  We headed out from our appointment, went and got blood drawn, and then stopped for donuts and coffee (or chocolate milk) to celebrate our last appointment.  The doctor called and said my lab results were normal and did not show pre-eclampsia. The rest of the day, I took it pretty easy and tried to relax to help my blood pressure.  I still wasn't feeling great, but was hoping a good night's sleep would help.

No comments:

Post a Comment